Hike for Hope FAQs
Hike for Hope FAQs
Hike for Hope FAQs
What is Hike for Hope?
Hike for Hope is Jigsaw’s hiking and fundraising campaign. Over the last 2 years, hundreds of people have taken on the challenge of hiking in support of young people’s mental health.
This year, on Saturday, 29th April 2023, YOU can help by taking part in your own hike or joining us on our organised hike in the Dublin Mountains. All funds raised will go to Jigsaw to support our critical work with young people.
There is a €30 charge for taking part in our Dublin Mountains hike.
When is Hike for Hope?
Hike for Hope 2023 takes place on the last weekend of April.
- If you are taking on your own hike, then hike anytime from Friday, 28th April to Monday, 1st May.
- Our organised hike in the Dublin Mountains takes place on Saturday, 29th April.
How much does Hike for Hope cost?
Hike for Hope is free to register to do your own hike, but there is a €30 fee to register for our organised hike in the Dublin Mountains.
**Please note to take part in our organised hike you must be 16 and over. **
Mental health supports are more important now than ever. Jigsaw needs vital funds to ensure that the ever-changing and complex challenges facing young people in Ireland are met by the continued growth and development of Jigsaw supports.
With that goal in mind, participants whether they are doing their own hike or joining us in the Dublin Mountains, are asked to raise as much as they can. For more information on Jigsaws services and supports, please visit jigsaw.ie/get-support.
How does Hike for Hope work?
Simple! You can be part of Hike for Hope in a few simple steps!
- Sign up at jigsaw.ie/hikeforhope.
- When you do your personalised iDonate fundraising page will be created for you. An email will shortly follow asking you to activate this page. Simply follow the link and you’re ready to go!
- Jigsaw will also send you a Hope Pack in the post. Among other things, this pack will include our Fundraising Guidebook, full of tips and tricks for raising funds.
- If you are taking on your own hike, then choose a local hiking trail and challenge yourself to complete it on the weekend of the 28th – 30th March. This can be a nice hill or forest walk or you could simply head out to your local park for a walk. Whatever suits you!
- If you are joining us for the organised hike in the Dublin Mountains then we’ll send you an invite and you simply arrive at your specified time, and hike with us for a few hours that day. Further details below.
How does the organised hike in the Dublin Mountains work?
On the morning of Saturday 29th April, participants will head out on a guided forest hike in the beautiful Glencullen Park in the Dublin Mountains.
**Please note, to take part in our organised hike you must be 16 and over.**
- This forest hike is approximately 8 – 9km and should only take 3 hours, featuring more gentle forest trail and the occasional open hill terrain.
- This hike is suitable for all ages and experience levels.
- All participants will be assigned to groups of 12 – 15 people, each led by one of our expert guides who will be with them for the duration of their hike.
- We’ll be doing staggered starts with the first group heading out at 9 – 9.15am that morning with other groups scheduled to leave every 15 – 20 minutes thereafter.
- Parking will be available courtesy of The Gap Adventure Centre (cost of €2 collected upon exit of the car park).
Where can I hike if I do my own thing?
Ireland is full of amazing hiking trails suitable for all age groups and experience levels. If you are new to hiking or unsure where to find the best fit, we suggest you visit DiscoverIreland.ie. They have some fantastic advice and a whole range of options suitable for beginners, families, experienced hikers, hikes with the best scenery, hikes that start and end at a café, and a whole load more. Simply visit www.discoverireland.ie/things-to-do/walking-and-hiking.
What is in the Hope Pack?
In order to assist you with Hike for Hope challenge, Jigsaw will send your group a “Hope pack” containing several useful items. You will receive a few Jigsaw branded items:
- Neck buff for those undertaking their own hiking challenge.
- T-Shirt for those joining us in the Dublin Mountains.
- Sponsorship card.
Where possible and while stocks last, we will send out one of the above items per team member. The pack will also contain a copy of our Fundraising Guidebook; jam-packed with useful tips and advice for organising events and fundraising. Upon registration, every participant will also receive a digital fundraising page, provided by iDonate.
How will I raise funds for Jigsaw?
There are tons of ways to raise funds for Jigsaw.
In each Hope Pack, you will find a copy of our great Fundraising Guidebook. This has all sorts of great tips and advice for fundraising. Also in the pack, you’ll find sponsorship cards that can be used for some old-school fundraising. And don’t forget that you everyone that registers gets their very own online fundraising page on iDonate!
Who can I contact with my questions?
If you have any questions, contact Steven from Jigsaw on 087 703 1666, or email email@example.com.