Together: Goal 1
Together: Goal 1
Better mental health outcomes for young people
Together, Jigsaw’s Organisational Strategy 2022-2025 sets out our vision for the period 2022-2025. The aim is to help create an Irish society where every young person’s mental health will be valued and supported.
To accomplish this, we have a two-fold priority. The first of which is:
Goal 1: We will achieve better mental health outcomes for young people
Read more about our second goal, to build a high-performing organisation that is fit for the future.
We want to extend our reach to meet the mental health needs of more young people than ever before
We are the only primary care youth mental health service provider in Ireland, for young people aged 12-25. We want to extend our reach to meet the mental health needs of more young people than ever before.
Jigsaw Connect is our new integrated suite of accessible mental health supports and services. It is designed to be person-centred, responsive, and trauma-sensitive, and will guide our service provision moving forward.
Through it, we remain fully committed to providing greater flexibility and choice. We will enhance our range of supports and services for young people and their families, by further embracing digital technology.
- Provide a wider range of therapeutic supports and services for young people.
- Increase capacity, reach, and accessibility of Jigsaw’s supports and services.
- Ensure our clinical supports and services are high quality and impactful.
2. Mental health promotion
We aim to increase the mental health knowledge, skills and resources of young people, and those around them
Mental health promotion
In Jigsaw, we are committed to ensuring better mental health outcomes for young people through our mental health promotion work.
We aim to increase the mental health knowledge, skills, and resources of young people, and those around them. This will be in settings where they live, learn, work and play. The process will be informed by youth voice, evidence, and national policy.
- Increase the range, scope, and reach of community-based, mental health promotion workshops, and programmes.
- Further, expand and strengthen our programme of work across all education settings.
- Refine and implement a plan for evaluating the outcomes of our mental health promotion work in community and education settings.
3. Public awareness and advocacy
We aim to inspire lasting change in how we, as a nation, talk about, respond to, and support youth mental health
Public awareness and advocacy
In uniting the voice and experience of young people with our knowledge, research and practice, we aim to:
– build upon and strengthen our reputation as a leading provider of youth mental health services and supports.
– inspire lasting change in how we, as a nation, talk about, respond to, and support youth mental health.
– be a strong voice in influencing public policy and conversation in relation to youth mental health.
- Develop effective communications that better connect young people to Jigsaw’s full range of online and psychoeducation
services and supports.
- Increase public awareness on, and knowledge of, the wider social determinants of youth mental health in Ireland.
- We will work with, for, and on behalf of young people to advocate for better mental health supports and services at a local and national level.