Jigsaw group chats are for young people between 12 and 25 years-old living in Ireland. These are live discussions online on mental health themes, facilitated by a Jigsaw clinician.
There is a maximum of 10 spaces on each group. Sign up to a group in advance in the form below. You can apply up to one hour before the chat opens.
Our next group chat will be on Wednesday, 7th October at 4pm on ‘minding your mental health’.
You will be anonymous in the chat. We will only use your email to remind you when it is on and to get feedback. Check out the guidelines below.
If you would prefer to chat online 1:1, then you can register for Jigsaw Live Chat. Speak with trained Jigsaw staff, Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1-5pm, and Tuesday and Thursday from 2-8pm.
Group chat guidelines
To create a safe and supportive environment, bear the following in mind:
- Your words matter: talk to people kindly and with respect. You might not always agree with someone’s views, and that’s OK. Make sure to share your own thoughts without belittling someone else’s.
- Think about the language you use. Avoid offensive, sexually explicit or discriminatory comments.
- We want to maintain everyone’s privacy. Don’t use real names, contact details or share anything that could identify you. This could be names of friends or school etc. We also ask that you don’t record or take screen shots of the conversation.
- Please do not share links to other websites in the chat.
- You are welcome because you are you. You don’t need to pretend to be someone else, we appreciate your honesty and openness.
Certain topics are sensitive and best discussed one-to-one
Certain topics are sensitive and best discussed one to one. They may spark memories, feelings or emotions that might be hard to handle. We ask you don’t discuss these topics during the group chats. *Although if any of the following situations are relevant to you, make sure to talk about your experiences with someone you trust.
These topics include:
- Descriptions of self-harm injuries or methods
- Specific details of eating disorders (weight, BMI etc)
- Details of experience of abuse or trauma
- Anything that involves a legal issue/ criminal offence.
- If you are feeling suicidal at the moment then individual support would be a better option. Please take a look at ‘need urgent help’.
Consent and confidentiality
Our priority is to ensure a safe and supportive environment for everyone participating in the group session.
When you sign up for a group, you will be asked for an email address, location, age and a username (not your real name). We will retain a record of these, a text record of the session and any evaluation form completed. These will be stored electronically on a secure server for one year after the conclusion of the group. Information that does not identify individuals may be archived and used by Jigsaw for audit, evaluation and scientific research purposes to ensure that JigsawOnline.ie is working well for young people.
If we have serious concerns for the safety of someone participating in the group, we may contact them directly by the email provided. We will try to arrange appropriate 1:1 support. In extreme circumstances, we may need to share information, such as an IP address with other services if we are concerned that a person is at immediate risk of harm.
You have the right to refuse any information about you being recorded in the way described above and to withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group chat tool
If you are accessing the chat on a mobile, click the speech bubble in the bottom right hand corner at the appropriate time to start the chat.
Access to group chat is through the Chatwee platform, embedded on this page. Once you have signed up for a group, you will be sent an email containing the password. Sign in to the group as a guest, and you do not need to enter your email address again. Chatwee captures the user’s IP address. Jigsaw will ensure that the IP address is deleted from Chatwee platform following each group.
We want to offer the best support possible to every young person who is using Jigsaw Online. We would appreciate if you could complete the evaluation we send you in an email, once the chat has ended. It will only take a few minutes but will make a big difference to us.