Our Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall good governance and strategic direction of Jigsaw. They meet regularly to discuss, decide and review our strategies and policies and receive reports and updates from senior managers. Our trustees work for Jigsaw on a voluntarily basis to help us achieve an Ireland where every young person’s mental health is valued and supported.
Served as Chief Executive Officer of City of Dublin Education and Training Board from 2005-2016.
Retired Assistant General Secretary.
Director, National Youth Council of Ireland.
Chief Operations Officer at Folens’ Publishers.
Businessman and former Chairman of FAS.
Former Galway County Manager.
Chief Executive of Oyster Capital Partners.
Research Professor at the Economic Social & Research Institute.
Board member of the Mental Health Commission.
Executive Director of Foundry.
Terms of reference
The Jigsaw Board of Directors is responsible for overseeing the proper management of the organisation.
In particular it has a collective responsibility for:
- Acting in the best interests of Jigsaw and for the users of their services and their staff
- Acting on the recommendations of the Board Subcommittees
- Ensuring that appropriate clinical and professional governance arrangements are in place
- Providing strategic guidance
- Monitoring the activities and effectiveness of the CEO and management team
- Ensuring effective systems are in place for identifying and managing risk
- Ensuring the adequacy of internal financial controls
- Accounting accurately to the State and other funders of its activities.
Members of the Board of Directors should act on an informed basis, in good faith, with due diligence and care, and in the best interests of Jigsaw to ensure that public monies are applied for the purpose they have been provided.
The membership of the Board of Directors / Governing Body should reflect diversity in terms of gender, skills and areas of competency.