Our Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall good governance and strategic direction of Jigsaw. They meet regularly to discuss, decide and review our strategies and policies and receive reports and updates from senior managers. Our trustees work for Jigsaw on a voluntarily basis to help us achieve an Ireland where every young person’s mental health is valued and supported.
Served as Chief Executive Officer of City of Dublin Education and Training Board from 2005-2016.
Chairperson of National Statistical Board and Member of the European Statistical Governance Advisory Board
Consultant Psychiatrist and Clinical Director of HSE Wicklow Mental Health Services and Executive Clinical Director of HSE Dublin South East/Wicklow Mental Health Services
Director, National Youth Council of Ireland
Retired Principal St. Peter’s Post Primary School, Dunboyne, Co. Meath
Finance Director at Folen’s Publishers
Businessman and former Chairman of FAS
Former Galway County Manager
Chief Executive of Oyster Capital Partners
Retired Assistant General Secretary
Terms of reference
The Jigsaw Board of Directors is responsible for overseeing the proper management of the organisation.
In particular it has a collective responsibility for:
- Acting in the best interests of Jigsaw and for the users of their services and their staff
- Acting on the recommendations of the Board Subcommittees
- Ensuring that appropriate clinical and professional governance arrangements are in place
- Providing strategic guidance
- Monitoring the activities and effectiveness of the CEO and management team
- Ensuring effective systems are in place for identifying and managing risk
- Ensuring the adequacy of internal financial controls
- Accounting accurately to the State and other funders of its activities.
Members of the Board of Directors should act on an informed basis, in good faith, with due diligence and care, and in the best interests of Jigsaw to ensure that public monies are applied for the purpose they have been provided.
The membership of the Board of Directors / Governing Body should reflect diversity in terms of gender, skills and areas of competency.